Communications Officer - Grade 5
The Local Government Management Agency is recruiting a Communications Officer (Grade 5).
We have some very exciting communications campaigns planned on behalf of the local government sector, and our new Communications Officer will play a major role in driving those forward.
The successful candidate will provide high-quality communications support across the LGMA. The role will include involvement across all communications functions, with a specific focus on developing digital and social media.
The role will support LGMA communications on behalf of the local authority sector as well as involvement in corporate and internal communications.
The successful candidate will work within the Strategy, Research and Communications division but will liaise and interact across all units of the LGMA. He or she may be required to supervise clerical staff, as assigned.
In addition, working with the LGMA means working with local authorities, as well as with a range of Government departments, state agencies and other national bodies.
- Implementing integrated communications campaigns to promote the local government sector and the LGMA;
- Managing and updating social media, websites and other digital communications;
- Media engagement and providing an effective point of contact for media enquiries;
- Drafting press releases, statements, speeches, briefings and other communications materials;
- Media monitoring, digital analytics and campaign evaluation;
- Developing compelling content for use across a range of channels including editorial copy, graphics, digital and video;
- Event management including organising conferences, launches, photocalls, briefings, etc; and,
- General administration duties as required.
Full information is available in the Candidate Information Booklet
To apply, please complete this Application Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, June 12th at 5.00pm