The LGMA is working on a major project to catalogue all of the services provided to the public by local authorities.
The local government sector provides about 500 public services. The LGMA is working on a national project to produce 1 common catalogue of these services.
The service catalogue will help to better inform the public about local authority services and how to access them.
Click here for project updates.
How will the project be completed?
This project is run by a Service Catalogue Project Team from the Local Government Management Agency (LGMA). A Programme Board provides governance for the project
Each local authority has nominated a single point of contact to help the LGMA in coordinating the project. The single point of contact will:
- Liaise with the project team on behalf of their local authority
- Gather and review details on services in their local authority
- Keep local authority staff updated and coordinate feedback
- Represent their local authority in project workshops
Meet the Team
The Service Catalogue Project Team
Geraldine Dunne, PMO Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Cunningham, Project Leader, email@example.com
Mary Hennessy, Service Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Programme Board
- Niall Healy, Director of Services, Cork County Council (Chairperson)
- Cian Ó Lionáin, Principal Officer, Department of Housing Planning and Local Government
- Eamonn Hunt, Assistant Chief Executive, LGMA
- Mihai Bilauca, Head of Digital Strategy and European Projects, Limerick City and County Council
- Sean Coughlan, Director of Services, Limerick City and County Council
- Annette Aspell, Senior Executive Officer, Kildare County Council
- Catherine Horan, Head of Information Systems, Waterford City and County Council
- Liam Ryan, Senior Executive Officer, Cork County Council
- Eoin Doyle, Director of Services, Cavan County Council
Catalogues completed so far
The first phase of our project is completing the Local Government Service Catalogue by functional area in excel format. We have now completed this task for public facing Housing, Environment and Planning services.
Consultation with local authority staff is an important part of our project in helping to identify and describe public facing services.
This information will be used to populate a searchable, downloadable user-friendly online catalogue.
Now that we have completed Draft Catalogues for Housing, Environment, Planning, Roads and Transportation Services, we are quickly moving on to Economic Development, Tourism and Local Enterprise Offices. Consultation has taken place with practitioners and we will be compiling final drafts over the coming weeks. We will then move on to parks, open spaces and public realm. Stay tuned for updates!
Find out more
If you are interested in finding out more about how we are approaching the Service Catalogue Project and how we are cataloguing services, you can read our Service Catalogue Guide here.
Send any comments to email@example.com