The LGMA Board sets the broad strategy and policies of LGMA, which are implemented and delivered through a pillar organisation structure.
The Board approves the Agency’s operational plans and budgets and have an oversight role in relation to the activities of the Agency. The LGMA also has an Oversight and Performance Delivery and Service Agreement with the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage.
The LGMA Board consists of 11 members, including 8 chief executives of county or city councils and 3 nominees of the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage. The current Board membership is:
- Tom Enright, Chief Executive, Wexford County Council
- Paddy Mahon, Chief Executive, Longford County Council
- Frank Curran, Chief Executive, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council
- Pat Daly, Chief Executive, Limerick City and County Council
- Joe McGrath, Chief Executive, Tipperary County Council
- Anna Marie Delaney, Chief Executive, Offaly County Council
- Richard Shakespeare, Chief Executive, Dublin City Council
- Fiona Quinn, Assistant Secretary, Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage
- Sarah Neary, Principal Advisor, Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage
LGMA executive team
The Board delegates responsibility for the day-to-day management of the LGMA to the Chief Executive Officer and the executive team. They are responsible for delivering on corporate objectives and implementing policy and strategy across the Agency. The executive team of the LGMA includes:
Paul Dunne, Chief Executive Officer
Eamonn Hunt, Assistant Chief Executive
Responsible for local government organisational support
Paula Butler, Assistant Chief Executive
Responsible for strategy, research, and communications
Eddie O'Loughlin, Assistant Chief Executive
Responsible for programme management and innovation
Geraldine Dunne, Board Secretary/ Manager Human Resources and Corporate Affairs
Declan Keating, Finance Manager
The LGMA is organised into pillars, each focused on a particular area of operation.
Local Government Strategy, Research and Communications supports local authorities in the delivery of citizen services. Read more
The Water Services Transition Office facilitates the transition of local authority water services to Irish Water. Read more
The Housing Delivery Coordination Office coordinates and advises on the delivery of local authority housing. Read more
Local Government Organisational Support provides support on the back-office services provided by local authorities. Read more
LGMA Operations provides LGMA internal operations such as corporate service, finance, human resources and facilities management.
Local Government Programme Management and Innovation supports the delivery of projects to the sector with a strong focus on innovation and reform. Read more